Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Never-Ending Wedding Season

I have come to realize that, beginning at age 22, wedding season has been in full swing. I am now 24 and there have been weddings to attend at least every other month. I'm not complaining. I LOVE weddings! I love everything that goes into preparing for a wedding. The showers, the bachelorette parties, the rehearsal dinners (complete with speeches, of course). But my favorite part of a wedding? THE RECEPTION. 


I guarantee each of you that if you had the friends that I have, you would love a wedding reception too. It used to be that sorority functions such as date parties and formals were our excuse to act foolish. Not anymore. Now, we can blame it on weddings. My friends and I like to pretend that we aren't 24-30 years of age and that for one night, surrounded by people that we hardly know, we can act like idiotic morons. Redundant, I know, but so true.


Need evidence of what a "good time" looks like to me? No problem. Just look below.




McMahon/Grant Wedding- Oct. 2011
Thompson/Wright Wedding-Jan. 2012
This is actually from an engagement party, but we act just as foolish at those.



Bell/Martin Wedding-Feb. 2011

Smith/Walker Wedding-Dec. 2011
Dance Competition: McMahon/Grant Wedding
If college taught me one thing, it was how to enjoy myself when it's time to celebrate. Let's face it, the college years are the best years of our lives. We get to act as foolish as we want for 4ish years before going out into the "grown-up world" where we can only act foolish one weekend every other month on someone else's dime. Free food and beverages helps...especially if you want the men to dance, this I know. For me, all I need to have a good time is a dance floor and a few good laughs. For all of you out there who are thinking of inviting me to your wedding, I look forward to the invitations. I would appreciate it if more people would magnetize their save-the-dates...I'm running out of my own because my  refrigerator is COVERED. How popular I am. *sighs* A word of warning to those planning to invite me to their "big day"...be prepared for the dance floor to be occupied the entire night. I have no shame in being the first one out there and the last one to leave. If the band needs a new lead singer, I'm there. If the bartender leaves their shift before the reception is done, no worries...I've had dates who have manned the bar tending station. Ah yes, good times. Need someone to volunteer to compete in a dance-off of the "Funky Chicken"? I'm a pro. And at the end of it all, if you need someone to rally the troops to head to the after party, I'm a seasoned veteran.

I leave you with these words as I wrap up this post:

"College is a place to keep warm between high school and marriage"

-BC

1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous post (and very true)! I look forward to more foolish times at all the weddings to come!!!

    ReplyDelete