Friday, March 9, 2012

Greetings from Charlotte!

Hello to my captivated audience. It is currently 3:40am in Charlotte, NC and we are just now getting settled into our hotel rooms. It has been a long day of travel and I want nothing more than to assume the supine position and close my eyes, but I just HAD to write this post first.



You know, you learn a lot about some people on an eight hour bus trip. I so enjoyed living vicariously through the Orientation Leaders today. I am one of the "has beens" on the bus, but it was fun to listen to the aimless chatter, road trip games, and secret-telling that ensued during our journey. It got me wondering  what chaperones have thought about me and my behavior or actions in the past when I was where they are now. Gone are the days when I can host dance parties in the back of the bus or read embarrassing Cosmo articles aloud in hopes of making people squirm. Oh how I will miss the days of playing "Catchphrase"(this game got super competitive amongst the Alumni Delegates. Good times. Good times.)

It could always be worse, though. We could've been on the Yellow Dog.

At the age of twenty-four, I am thankful for the opportunities that have been given to me lately. This trip is one of them. This marks my first time to help chaperone a student organization anywhere outside of Starkville. The hard part is over now that we've made it through the drive. I will continue to post updates here for your viewing pleasure. Tomorrow's schedule is as follows:

10:00 am: Board the Bus to Outlet Mall
2:00 pm: Check into the SROW conference
3:00 pm: Sticker Swap (yes, they actually run around and stick stickers on each other and on members of other university teams. It's hilarious.)
5:00 pm: Song, Dance, and Skit Competition (WE BETTER WIN)
Sometime after that: Dinner at the Conference
Later in the evening: Pizza at the hotel (fourth meal, as Taco Bell would call it)

Sticker Swap from last year at LSU

So there's what you have to look forward to reading about. I'm interested to see how I function tomorrow after only about 5 hours of sleep tonight. Prayers are welcome.

Ok, I'm off to bed. I know all of you are already there. Congratulations. I'm supremely jealous.

-BC

No comments:

Post a Comment