Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Melting Pot

Before tonight, I was a Melting Pot virgin. I cannot believe I had never experienced it until now. At 8:00 pm all of the OL's and chaperones loaded the bus to head to the restaurant for 8:30 reservations. We had a custom menu:

VIP Status

As you can see from the menu, we had 4 full courses. Course 1: bread, veggies, chips with fiesta, spinach, and cheddar pots (3 pots per table). Course 2: salad. Course 3: entree sampler--salmon, filet mignon, shrimp, chicken, teriyaki steak. Veggies and a variety of dipping sauces. Course 4: DESSERT--s'mores, dark and white mix, and chocolate pots. Graham crackers, strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, marshmallows, pieces of cake, and a crowd favorite...RICE KRISPIE TREATS.


Entree Sampler (Each person got this portion)

Our Yin-Yang White-Dark Chocolate Pot. It didn't stay this pretty very long.
I have 3 words to describe tonight: NOM NOM NOM.

For those of you who have had the privilege of dining at one of these venues, then I know you understand. It's euphoric. We got there at 8:30pm and didn't leave until a quarter til midnight. We ate constantly for over 3 hours. Crazy. Thank you Mississippi State for allowing me to reap the benefits of chaperoning. I will continue to volunteer. I promise.

Before Dinner. Happy to be done with our presentation.


At Dinner. Happy to be with our baby OLs.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the company of all the OL's this week. There are times when I have to play the maternal role then there are other times when I feel like one of them. Just a 24-year-old version of them. Oh how I'd give anything to go back to my days as an OL. SHOUTOUT TO 2008 OL TEAM! Miss y'all!

Swalm elevator. Don't hate me, guys.

Our first late-night SROW practice. Circa Spring 2008

OL Summer Retreat

Love and Memories,

BC


No comments:

Post a Comment