Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 1: Newbie Blogger

You know, I never thought I would start blogging. I was never the type to document events in my life outside of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I have Facebook to 1) maintain a plethora of pictures from my high school career through college, 2) indirectly keep up with anyone I have met since 2006, and 3) stay abreast of news and gossip. I have Twitter to 1) serve as a replacement for local, state, and national news since I don't have cable, 2) vicariously live through celebrities and their craziness, and 3) know the thoughts and opinions of my friends and followers every second of every day. I have Instagram to share my life in pictures...simple as that. So here I sit...wanting to merge all of these wonderful social networks together. Why not create a blog and post my thoughts, opinions, pictures, and everyday concerns?


So with my first blog, I apologize for being a complete newbie. It will take some time for me to get this page looking exactly the way I want it to. Anyways, with that long intro, let's get to the meat of this post: my mini-bio.


I am currently in my second year of graduate school at Mississippi State University. If you saw the title of this blog, you may be wondering why my college career is "never-ending". Well...here's why. I am majoring in Student Affairs in Higher Education. No, I will not be having affairs with students. No, I will not be teaching college courses. YES, I will be on a college campus the rest of my life; hence, the "never-ending college life". Today I find myself straddling the fence between student and professional. I am looking into positions here on the MSU campus that will allow me to continue on my grad school journey while working full-time at the professional level. Fingers crossed that things work out. God has a plan, this I know, and I am anxious to see what the next week holds!


Thanks to a little Facebook stalking on my part today, I stumbled upon this picture that depicts my future career path as a Student Affairs Professional. Exciting times!




photo.php.jpg

I leave you these words as I wrap up this post:

"Life is my college, and college is my life".

-BC


1 comment: