Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hostess With the Mostest







Good Morning to my captivated audience. I know it has been several days since I have posted, but I have good reasons believe me. Some weeks are busier than others. There are some days that I would rather spend in the company of friends instead of on the computer. But, since I have left y'all in the dark about the happenings of this week, I will use this blog to try and give you a quick recap of how I have spent this week. Prepare yourselves. Here we go.

As y'all know, I did make it safely back from Phoenix, AZ last week. I spent the weekend at home with my family. In true fashion, Pearl (my mama) and I went on a mini shopping spree. 4 dresses, 4 pairs of shoes, 3 pairs of pants, and countless shirts later, Bill (my dad) picked us up and took us out for a nice Mexican dinner. It's always a fun adventure when you get Pearl and Bill together out on "the town." For those who don't know, I am technically from "the county" so it's always a special time when we pile into the car to make the 15-20 minute excursion into "town." Best of both worlds.

After an eventful night with the parentals in town, I returned to Starkvegas aka God's Country aka Home Away from Home. I had a paper due for my Legal class Monday evening, so I spent most of my time Sunday night/wee hours of the morning on Monday getting it started/finished. I was so glad to turn that 15 pages of misery over to my teacher that night.



Moving onto Tuesday. Worked from 9-2, had class from 2-5, had movie night after. Tuesdays mark the end of my classes for the week so I always look forward to boosting my social calendar from Wednesday-Saturday. It is my philosophy that I put off as much schoolwork until Sundays in an effort to enjoy the rest of the week and the weekend. Procrastinators unite!

Wednesday I worked 9-4. It was an eventful day in the office. I have assumed new responsibilities at work, and this was the first week I exercised them. I met with nearly 10 families this week in the Office of Admissions. *pats self on back* For lunch on Wednesday, I feasted on Restaurant Tyler's Blue Plate. If you haven't tried it yet and you're in the greater Starkville area, it's time. Might I recommend the fried chicken with a side of cheese grits. Trust me. Wednesday night I had movie night again at my apartment. Wedding Crashers was the choice of the evening. This was followed by several episodes of "Man Woman Wild." Semi-addicted to that now. I want to be Ruth so badly. She cries over the thought of killing an animal to survive. She is so tender...just like me.


This was the turtle she cried over when she found out they were going to eat it. She ended up letting it go. Tender.

Ok so we've made it to Thursday. I worked all day. What made work easier to get through? The fact that THE Margaret Claire Walker was visiting. She has been recently moved to Houston, TX and it has been an entirely different office without her. After work, we met for dinner at Bin 612. I accompanied MCW to her Starkville house and chatted it up for a few hours before leaving.

TGIF. I worked 9-2 (lunch break to McCalister's included) on Friday. Later that afternoon, I hopped in the truck to ride the Refuge with Greg. If you haven't done this at least once in your lifetime, then I urge you to pick a day when the sun is high and bright in the sky, roll down the windows, blast the radio, and hit the gravel. It was the most relaxing part of my entire week. I used to drive out to the Refuge alone to blow off steam or get away from the college scene for a few hours. It's so peaceful. So therapeutic. But...be prepared to wash the gravel dust and mud off of your vehicle if you take an unpaved route. After about 2 hours, Greg and I ended up in Macon. We hit Hwy 45 and returned to God's Country by 6:30pm.  My parents were in town for the baseball game so we met up with them at La Terraza for dinner. Fun fun times. There's never a dull moment when you're around my family. They're a hoot.

Now we are almost caught up, but if you've seen the title of this blog post, then you're probably wondering where that comes in. Well, on Saturday I helped host a bridal shower for one of the most wonderful people I know, Angela Aldridge. As to be expected, she looked beautiful, and she had some precious friends. We hosted the shower at Marianne's house in Jackson. It was the perfect venue for such a dainty event. There's nothing better than reuniting with friends in one setting for the purposes of celebrating achievements and catching up on major life events. As I've mentioned in previous blog posts, my friends and I cherish wedding season simply because we get to reunite and act foolish or remember the "good ole days." I can't wait to have another mini-reunion at Angela's wedding in May. It's going to be so much fun to pick up our hen party right where it's been left off.

Here's a little documentation of Saturday's shower. Sorry for the clarity. Stupid iPhone lens is pitiful.
Tea, Punch, Dessert table
Part of the spread. 
Some of the presents. Kitchen/Bring your favorite recipe shower.



For those of you who don't know...this is what a "hen party" looks like


I loved this picture. Casey's face.


Reunited. L-R: Marianne, Casey, Yours Truly, Angela, Sara Beth, Ashlin, Becca

Catching Up

Hostesses with the beautiful Bride front and center.


I've been giving some thought to the phrase "hostess with the mostest." I was truly the hostess with the mostest this weekend. I have the best friends in the entire world. They are always so supportive of me and my life events. Every time we get together, we have the chance to compare and contrast our lives since our last meeting. Whether life is grand or in the slumps, my friends are always there. I love them so very much and I will forever continue to play the hostess in their lives. I will always be there whenever they need something...much like a hostess. (Like what I did there?) 

I hope each of you take some time out of the day to reconnect with a friend. We only get one shot at this life, and how big of a blessing it has been to share my life with wonderful people like the girls pictured above. 

Have a great Sunday Funday everybody!

-BC


No comments:

Post a Comment