Friday, March 9, 2012

A SROWtastic Day

Hello world. It is 12:15am here in Charlotte, NC. Our team of Orientation Leaders and staff has been grindin since 10:00am. And we are exhausted. Or at least I am. I'm quickly learning that I am not a 19-year-old anymore. I need my beauty and sanity sleep. We started the morning off with the Sticker Swap. It was a complete success! And mad craziness.






I was slowly spiraling into elderly oblivion tonight. It's a wonder that I didn't just start snoozing during the Song, Skit, and Dance competition today. I would like to thank the spirited groups around us for keeping me alert throughout the entire experience. It is utterly impossible to take a power snooze when there are 50 Ragin' Cajuns right next to you chanting "R-O-C-K YOU ROCK YOU ROCK YOU ROCK!". Remind me to thank my mother for not making me do cheerleading because I'm not sure I could've survived cheer camp.

Ah, the God-given birth name. But check out that "Presenter" ribbon. V.I.P.


Our Orientation Leaders KILLED IT tonight in the Song Competition!! I was like a proud mom taking pictures throughout the performance. All of their hard work certainly paid off, and I am hopeful that they will place (hopefully WIN), but we won't find that out until Sunday. Thanks to Brent Thompson for this picture that he sent to all of us. Words to live by.



Tomorrow's schedule of events is as follows:

8:00am: Board the Bus to head to UNC-Charlotte for the morning meeting/Educational Session
11:30am: Tour the Charlotte Motor Speedway facilities (the OL's are so pumped about this!!)
2 something: T-shirt swap
3 or 4 something: Dejanae and I do our presentation (EEEKKKK)

In the program = VIP

Later on: Going out for dinner with the entire group. Finally get to look like a girl instead of a softball coach. Oh how I loathe collared, Clima-cool shirts. Thank the Good Lord Above that we weren't required to wear khaki pants, because I would've stayed home. I'm not joking.

I will actually write a decent blog when it's not so late at night. My mind is nearly gone. Maybe tomorrow's post will make more sense and contain more fun stories.

-BC


No comments:

Post a Comment